Hello friends! Some big Kickstarter projects are over, and many of you are wondering what’s worth backing right now (unless your wallet is taking a summer break). You good old Loodo is here to help you. Let me show you my recommendation list!
STILL ON MY RADAR
- Sleeping Gods – the innovative atlas game is still going strong on KS. And rightfully so. Easily my number one of all the ongoing campaigns. A creative adventure game with a storybook included feels like a breath of fresh air. There are still 14 days remaining, and the newest stretch goals include yet another expansion. Insta-back for me.
- After the Empire – A worker placement / tower defense game with actual customizable, plastic fortifications and some really innovative mechanics. I love how it looks, and it seems to play equally great. Check it out if you haven’t, especially if you adore euro games.
- HEXplore It: Sands of Shurax – Newest game in the HEXplore It franchise. Works as an expansion to the previous titles, or by its own. The game is based around dice rolling and a highly modular board. The gameplay is fully cooperative. The desert/Arabian setting makes everything even more unique.
- Ultra-Tiny Epic Galaxies – If you’re looking for a game you can literally fit in your pocket: here’s your answer. The Original Tiny Epic Galaxies got shrunk and is still as fun as ever. Backers can also get Ultra-Tiny Epic Kingdoms – another miniaturized game from the very same creators. Considering the price for one ($12) or both ($20) – it’s a no brainer for me.
- Rune Stones – A neat deck builder with heavy emphasis on the board related gameplay and some unique, celtic vibes. Made by the same guy, who had created Goa, Istanbul and the highly praised Luxor – Rüdiger Dorn. You’ll have to gather gems, turn them into artifacts and finally transform to powerful rune stones. Everything to decide who is the strongest druid, worthy of ascending to the throne.
Burgle Bros 2 (August 15th) – An improved version of 2015’s warmly received co-op heist game. Players move through different floors, crack safes and try to run away with their loot afterwards. The goal is to do it all while remaining completely unnoticed – Solid Snake style. New version got many improvements: from more decisions to make to individual cards that combo with other character decks. Waiting for this one!